Trainee NDT Technicians – US based
Allrig provides a range of key asset management solutions to the energy industry, from inspection, service and repair, to maintenance and parts supply. With decades of experience, Allrig’s experts deliver solutions with a safety-focused mindset and a positive can-do attitude that goes well beyond the typical approach.
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join our US team and grow with us on our journey.
As a Trainee Non Destructive Testing (NDT) Technician you will learn how to perform inspections on materials and products and understand and apply the correct testing and inspection process and the equipment to be used. You will learn to calibrate equipment, conduct tests and analyse results and submit reports. Allrig will provide the technical and safety training and before starting offshore you will be expected to get fully involved in the day to day operations of the Houston facility.
- Assist with performing NDT inspection as per company procedures and Manufacturers recommendations and report findings.
- Gain working experience with ONIX reporting system
- Gain working knowledge and understanding of Class society regulations where applicable
- Complete daily reports to Supervisor for review
- Actively participate in preparing risk assessments
- Participate in all Toolbox talks whilst on site.
- Once Rope Access qualified, be responsible for physically conducting rope access operations and/or safety evaluations of rope access operations, including maintenance of associated access equipment and perform all Rope Access Technician duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Report all incidents, accidents and near misses to the HSE Coordinator/ Supervisor
- Demonstrate and maintain a professional demeanor in all situations.
Qualifications and experience
- High school or Technical College
- Mechanical or electrical experience (2 years)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Calm, flexible and professional manner
- Team worker